As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth by developing and growing relationships with existing and new partners domestically and international.
You need to lead, inspire, and influence your support team and fully able to deliver individually through OEM Partner companies. You thrive in a fast paced, start-up-like environment with a positive attitude and insatiable desire to succeed. You have a love for technology and a passion for innovation, you are always on top of any new developments. A quick study, well organized, and armed with a persistent attitude, you will be able to move fast to get things done.
You recognize that process color inkjet printing is a relatively new technology that should be disruptive in the desktop markets, and you can see the ways in which this disruption can create value for our partners, their customers, and Memjet.
You are comfortable using your creative and strategic selling skills to provide consultation to OEMs and their customers, on how to use digital print solutions to help end users grow their brands and/or improve their operations.
- Attract new OEM Partners that are committed to leveraging the Memjet benefits of speed, simplicity and affordability.
- Grow existing OEM Partners that drive new customer acquisition and revenue. Able to understand how to identify OEM opportunities and then nurture and close them.
- Educate OEMs and their customers in the areas of color inkjet print, digital graphic design, and workflow.
- Achieve overall revenue targets by building an opportunity pipeline with the OEMs.
- Develop, forecast and close opportunities through your Partner relationships.
- Be responsible for tracking data on sales revenue, costs of sales and other metrics to analyze and evaluate how our OEMs are performing.
- Become a subject matter expert on all that is inkjet print.
- Keep on top of key developments and drivers in digital printing.
- Can advise the company on market trends and new ideas and approaches which could influence our OEM strategy.
- Be the voice of your OEMs within Memjet so that Memjet is always aligned with them in terms of business goals. Advocate their needs within the company so that everybody realizes the potential for each Partnership, and works towards its success.
- Be able to quickly and effectively tell which opportunities are aligned with Memjet technology, and which are not, then pursue the specific business that is aligned with our OEM’s offer.
- BDM is surrounded by a team of specialists (Application Engineers, Ink specialists, Product Marketing, and Hardware) and is expected to leverage and coordinate the team to help drive new equipment and consumable sales through your OEMs.
- Help our OEMs identify opportunities and present inkjet solutions to their customers that lead to acquiring new business.
- Able to articulate both OEM and Memjet’s value proposition(s).
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- 5 years of experience in capital equipment / new business development / strategic selling.
- You know how to manage equipment and supplies revenue opportunities from first prospect touch to delivery.
- Working knowledge of flexo, litho, workflow & digital print. Knowledge of graphic design and printing processes related to packaging applications a real plus.
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience working for a start-up or rapid growth company.
- Experience in product management, marketing, and business strategy, especially in the graphic packaging industry.