The Chemical Technician will provide support to Memjet’s ink chemists. Memjet’s ink team supports commercialized inks, as well as contributes to R&D of new ink and fluid formulations for Memjet printing technologies.
This will be a 6-month temporary position with potential to convert to a regular position.
- Provide lab support for Memjet’s ink chemists and conduct requested lab tasks
- Conduct routine incoming QC testing on production ink retains per documented SOP’s
- Calibrate and maintain lab QC equipment per documented methods and schedules
- Prepare and coat media via drawdowns
- Make laboratory and small-scale batches of inks and fluids
- Test physical properties of experimental formulations
- Conduct various testing and experimentation as necessary to support Memjet ink projects
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry/related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1 or more years’ experience with inkjet inks
- Experience with proper handling, use and disposal of chemicals
- Awareness and strong appreciation of lab safety requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner
- Ability to take direction and follow written instructions
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be adaptable to a dynamic working environment
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.