Memjet, a global leader in color printing technologies, is looking for a Corporate Counsel with 4-8 years of experience. This position will report to the General Counsel and is located in San Diego. The successful candidate will be a corporate generalist who can support the legal group in a variety of functions.
- Negotiate, prepare and drive towards completion a wide range of corporate and commercial contracts, including OEM Agreements, Supply Agreements and NDAs.
- Explain contractual terms, particularly provisions related to intellectual property, to staff members with various levels of experience.
- Provide accurate, timely and proactive counsel on a variety of legal topics, including corporate, employment and intellectual property issues.
- Communicate with external parties, including current and potential business partners, creating relationships of trust.
- Continuously update company policies and forms in compliance with current law.
- Prepare employment and consulting agreements.
- California admitted attorney with 4-8 years of general corporate and contract drafting experience, preferably in both a law firm and in-house setting. Local candidates only.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on projects outside of specific area of expertise and comfort zone.
- High degree of professional ethics and character.
- Ability to provide proactive counsel and maintain composure in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility to take calls in various time zones where Memjet employees are located, including the United States, Europe, Australia, Singapore and Taiwan.
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.