Customer Support Technician
Who We Are
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability to OEM partners across the printing industry.
Memjet has global reach and presence. Our Corporate Office is in San Diego, CA, with offices in Boise ID, Australia, Ireland and Singapore.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology with growth potential.
Please see our website for more details on the company, including videos of our technology in action www.memjet.com.
Who are “Memjet people”? They’re people who like to get things done. They’re fast movers, effective and successful. They’re intelligent, engaged and haven’t given in or given up. They do not run from change – they foster it when it’s the right thing for the organization.
Memjet has an opportunity in Dublin Ireland for someone that is passionate about helping customers and who is looking to join a growing team. The Customer Support Technician (CST) is the first line of support for our customers with the goal of resolving their requests quickly and accurately. These requests include technical support of the Memjet print engines, documentation requests, product return requests, and other general inquiries.
- Monitor incoming service requests through the Service Desk online system and direct phone calls. The Customer Support Technician will be trained and equipped so they can answer many of the requests without assistance. For requests that require engineering support, the CST will escalate the request to the appropriate Technical Account Manager (Tier 2). If the request is urgent, for instance if the OEM identifies the request as line down, the CST will know whom to escalate the request and determine the appropriate method of notification including direct emails, texts, and phone calls to the Tier 2 team.
- Cooperate with the support team and engineers in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore.
- Monitor all open requests to assist the engineering team with escalated requests.
- Assist the Dublin engineering team.
- Running the local print presses for demonstrations and training.
- Working with OEMs
- Assisting at technical trade shows
- Higher Certificate or Ordinary Degree in Engineering with an understanding of HW control systems and SW interfacing.
- Experience supporting hardware and software systems such a computers or industrial equipment.
- Experience in the printer industry is a plus
- Proven root cause analysis experience is a plus
- Excellent customer support communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to respond quickly to evolving issues.
- Ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel to Memjet global locations.
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.