Field Application Engineer
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented Field Application Engineer to work on key released products, which utilize our high-speed printheads via Memjet controller chips and software.
This position provides extensive opportunity to travel worldwide. (Up to 50%)
- Provide Technical Support to OEMs:
- Determine root cause and fix for escalations from OEM Engineering team through email, phone call and on-site visit
- Collaborate, as needed, with engineering teams located in Dublin, San Diego, and Sydney
- Own planning, task management, and action item tracking of support for OEM product development cycle from beginning to release.
- Train OEM engineers on Memjet’s unique waterfall technology and integration process of the Memjet components.
- Assist OEM engineering teams in developing digital inkjet print engines and integration of that to their value add-on features for unique printing systems.
- Interface between the OEM and Memjet’s design teams to provide in-depth support when needed.
- Prioritize and Manage Memjet engineering support for OEM.
We are seeking a talented and dedicated engineer who:
- Is excited by technical problems
- Provides excellent customer service
- Work well within a team
- Can manage time effectively
- Is flexible and adaptable
- be able to work effectively with a team spread across three locations (Dublin, San Diego, Sydney)
- communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- be dedicated to customer service and work well with OEM engineers that have a diverse range of skill
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher):
- In engineering with a broad understanding of HW control systems and SW interfacing or,
- In software engineering with strong control algorithms skills for complicated mechatronic products.
- 5+ years of experience in highly-integrated mechatronic products.
- Strong systems engineering capability with in-depth understanding of the integration of mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to respond quickly to evolving issues.
- Ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Experience in digital printing; data pipeline management is preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Unrestricted driver’s license. Clean driving record report may be required.
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.