Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual, with a strong work ethic and who loves learning new technologies to join our IT team as a Junior Network Administrator. You will be part of a highly experienced team that provides support for the company’s network and systems infrastructure. The Junior Network Administrator will assist the IT team with deployment and changes to Cisco, Palo Alto and Meraki equipment. This role will also focus on troubleshooting and documentation.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Infrastructure Director.
- Scheduling and implementing routing, switching and firewall changes under the supervision of the team lead.
- Ensuring network systems and technical documentation are up to date.
- Monitoring network & system utilization and assisting the team with investigations.
- Working with the team lead to action change requests relating to firmware upgrades and hardware installation.
- Supporting the global IT team with troubleshooting network problems and outages, such as during installation, scheduled upgrades and/or emergencies.
- Good written communication, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing design and implementation plans.
- Managing support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
This role would be the right fit for an individual with a can-do attitude who thrives working as part of a team while being able to demonstrate logical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Meraki and Cisco Switch experience
- Experience working with LAN/WAN & managed network environments
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Network and Systems Admin role
- Minimum B.Sc or B.Eng in appropriate IT or Network Engineering related course
- Experience with WiFi and VoIP technologies
- Palo Alto or similar next generation firewall experience
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering or equivalent industry experience.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.