Junior Software Engineer
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
An exciting opportunity is available for a junior Software Engineer to develop software for our printing products.
Software range includes real time control of controller chips, motors, other actuators and sensors through to the sequencing of printing and printhead maintenance algorithms, host drivers and user interfaces.
- Develop printing and printhead maintenance software in C++ for a new Memjet printing technology.
- Write automated unit test software and integration test software.
- Integrate/developer-test the new software on a print test rig.
Essential experience, skills and attributes:
- A good understanding of best-practice software development techniques and practices.
- At least 2 years solid software engineering experience using C++ (exceptional graduates with strong C++ knowledge also considered).
- Ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists.
- Experience with Linux.
Well regarded experience, skills and attributes:
- Experience with embedded/real-time systems.
- Good understanding of software communication mechanisms and protocols.
- Good understanding of revision control concepts and practices.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages, preferably Python.
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum methodologies.
Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.