Business Development Manager
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability.
Memjet does not make printers. Instead, the company is focused on making printers better by supplying innovative technologies and components to OEM partners across the printing industry, including blistering-fast page-wide printheads that are supported by Memjet controller chips, software, ink and print modules.
Everything Memjet does is focused on helping its manufacturing partners build their businesses on the real promise of speed, efficiency and affordability. Memjet is changing the way businesses print, and in some cases, the technology is even creating entirely new business opportunities.
Are you this person?
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a passion for excellence in driving and managing successful OEM relationships across a broad range of applications and markets.
As a US Business Development Manager (BDM), you will report to the General Manager of the Benchtop and MiniPress division and will be responsible for driving revenue growth by developing and growing relationships with existing and new partners in a number of print markets throughout N. America.
You need to lead, inspire, and influence your cross-functional Memjet support team and fully enable the delivery of a successful solution to your OEM Partner companies.
You thrive in a fast paced, start-up-like environment with a positive attitude and insatiable desire to succeed. You have a love for technology and a passion for innovation, you are always on top of any new developments. A quick study, well organized, and armed with a persistent attitude, you will be able to move fast to get things done.
You recognize that color inkjet printing is a technology that is growing in traditional industrial markets (i.e labels and mailing/addressing) and accelerating in new segments, such as packaging and 3D. You can see the ways in which this disruption can create value for our partners, their customers, and Memjet.
You are comfortable using your strategic selling skills to provide consultation to OEMs and their customers, on how to use digital print solutions to grow their business and/or improve their operations. You thrive in an environment where a portion of your pay structure is tied to your account revenue achievement.
This role will have aspects of individual account ownership as well as collaborative activities with other Business Development Managers.
- Grow existing OEM Partners by partnering to drive successful business execution new customer acquisition and revenue.
- Partner with Memjet team-members in addressing field issues and understanding how to respond to business issues and drive additional business revenue/profit
- Help current OEM’s to identify new product opportunities with Memjet technologies and then nurture and close them.
- Attract qualified OEM partners in strategic market segments that are committed to leveraging the Memjet benefits of speed, simplicity and affordability.
- Be able to quickly and effectively tell which opportunities are aligned with Memjet technology, and which are not, then pursue the specific business that is aligned with our OEM’s offer.
- Achieve overall revenue growth targets by building an opportunity pipeline with existing and new OEMs.
- Develop, forecast and close opportunities through your OEM relationships.
- Be responsible for tracking data on sales revenue, sell thru and other metrics to analyze and evaluate how our OEMs are performing.
- Become a subject matter expert on Memjet inkjet printing and competitive alternatives. Able to articulate both OEM and Memjet’s value proposition(s).
- Keep on top of key developments and drivers in digital printing.
- Advise the company on market trends and new ideas and approaches which could influence our OEM strategy.
- Be the voice of your OEMs within Memjet. Advocate for your OEM needs within the company so that Memjet realizes the potential for each partnership, and works towards its success.
- BDM is surrounded by a team of specialists (Application Engineers, Ink specialists, R&D engineers, Operations, Product Marketing, other BDM’s,) and are expected to leverage and coordinate with the internal team in order to optimize both new opportunities and current business with your OEMs.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- 10+ years of experience in printing industry
- 10+ years in new business development / strategic selling.
- You know how to forecast, manage & track equipment and supplies revenue opportunities from first prospect touch to delivery.
- Working knowledge of digital print technologies and industrial print markets such as label and packaging printing.
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience working for a start-up or rapid growth company.
- Experience in product management, marketing, and/or business strategy.
- Strong Presentation and Public Speaking skills.
- Position is based in San Diego. San Diego location is preferred.
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.