MEMS Scientist/Engineer – Graduate Role
Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
We are seeking a motivated recent graduate with strong understanding of semiconductor device characterisation and fabrication to join a well-established research team based in North Ryde with free onsite parking. This role will contribute directly to the development of our next generation of digital inkjet products.
The main focus will be on:
The research, development and characterisation of MEMS, CMOS and related functionality for Memjet printing technologies.
Specific tasks will include:
- Assisting with the planning and execution of characterisation to improve MEMS and CMOS performance.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of characterisation of MEMS interactions with; CMOS, ink, media and printing devices.
- Assisting with and supporting the development of new test methods and equipment to study MEMS/CMOS/ink/printer/media interactions.
- Assisting with the analysis, documentation and presentation of results.
- To monitor timelines and ensure key milestones are met.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent practical laboratory skills with the ability to develop and run characterisation experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Experience in the design of experiments with a focus on practical problem solving.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to implement experiments using software tools.
- Operation of scientific equipment and instrumentation.
- Exceptional skills in data analysis – including the use of Excel and Python.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office.
- Understanding of WHS requirements in a laboratory environment.
- BSc, BE in a relevant technical field
- BSc(Physics, Computer Science), BE(Electrical, Software); 1st class or high 2nd class honours.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE