Memjet is seeking an Order Management professional to join our Customer Operations team. The Order Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring the timely flow of product to our customers by managing customer order activity from quote through fulfillment and invoicing.
This position will also include some purchasing, shipping and receiving support for the site. Purchasing responsibilities include initial vendor contact and setup, order entry, order receipt, delivery arrangement and confirmation, shipment documentation and tracking, and problem resolution. Sales Order management responsibilities will include order entry, customer communication and tracking.
The position is located in San Diego and functions as part of a small international customer support and planning team. Some early evening conference calls with international contacts are expected.
Responsible for achieving a high level of customer and internal satisfaction. Candidates should thrive working collaboratively in a geographically distributed team to meet daily and monthly customer expectations.
Responsibilities and Relevant Experience:
- Creates and manages vendor and customer purchase orders and other types of data entry
- Ensures accurate and complete order input
- Follow up communication with customers and suppliers
- Manages preparation of documentation for domestic and international shipments
- Works with new suppliers and customers to establish Vendor Master Data, logistics and credit arrangements
- Establishes relationships with logistics providers and engages services as necessary
- Handles ordering and receiving for purchases
- Responsible for packaging small shipments and instructing others on the preparation of large freight orders
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to successfully work with a variety of personalities
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Strong time management, organization and attention to detail
- Good follow-through on issue resolution
- Proactive in anticipating and preventing problems
- Resourceful: able to assess new requirements and determine the appropriate action or support needed
- Able to perform light packaging and delivery labor
- Strong Computer skills – MS Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel (download, search, data manipulation, pivot tables)
- Familiarity with Order Entry and Purchasing systems- (Memjet operates in a NetSuite Accounting system)
- Working knowledge of domestic and international shipping requirements
Candidates should have a college degree or equivalent experience in the field.