Memjet has grown to become a global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has main offices in San Diego, Dublin, and Sydney. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
An exciting opportunity is available for a contract (1 year-renewal) Planner/Buyer. This position is responsible for planning and procures materials necessary to meet manufacturing build requirements. Ensure raw materials is well positioned to support production line at any time.
- Reviews forecasted requirements and purchases materials in accordance with forecast vs supplier LT vs DOI (Days of inventory). Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements. Matches material requirements and inventory DOI so as not to hold too high of a percentage of inventory at any time.
- Helps establish new supplier accounts with finance department. Works with internal customers to address, return and receive credit for defective materials
- Works with A/P to investigate and resolve issues with payment of supplier invoices.
- Plans and schedules timely material requirements for customer forecasts. Analyzes inputs (e.g. urgency of request, material availability, etc.) to help determine schedule. Analyzes internal impact (e.g., line scheduling, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.) of customer scheduling. Pushes or cancels orders per production plan. Revises plans as required based on analysis of actuals versus plan.
- Manage inventory excess and obsolescence.
- Perform system (Netsuite) update on inventory movement
- Attend weekly operation meetings
- Require acting as backup for other planner/buyer when needed
- Able to work with cross functional team
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree/Diploma, min 2 years of Planner/Buyer experience. Fresh graduate can be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet, Words and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MRP will be an advantage
- Excel Spreadsheet, PowerPoint
- SAP will be an advantage
Applicants should email resumés to HR.SGP@memjet.com.