Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced full time Process Development Engineer.
Main focus of the role:
- Responsible for owning the encapsulant potting process module and for discovering, designing, developing and deploying encapsulant potting related processes for the manufacture of print head products; from conceptual level through to manufacturing implementation.
- To advance process technologies thereby enabling creative and innovative product design solutions which can be up-scaled to high volume manufacturing and meet customer’s requirement for cost, reliability, quality and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks include to:
- Deliver robust encapsulant potting processes to ensure products meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that the delivered processes comply with design stability and manufacturing control.
- Identify and resolve knowledge gaps using Rapid Learning Cycles (RLC) to discover and design products that are manufacturing process friendly.
- Use problem solving methodologies and Design of Experiments (DOEs) to resolve issues, reduce risks and optimize processes.
- Generate and complete documentation to deliver fully transferable, stable and capable processes. Examples of documentation include:
- product and process requirement specifications
- process work instructions
- process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA)
- Adhere to the company’s Engineering Change Request and Design Change Control (ECRDCC) processes.
- Assist and participate in the transfer and deployment of processes to our manufacturing partners. Followed by technical support after line transfer and manufacturing release.
- May travel overseas for transfer and support of manufacturing processes in the future.
- Knowledge of encapsulating processes and encapsulants, using encapsulant dispensing equipment and their associated processes; especially for hermetic or protective sealing of electronic or mechanical devices; against corrosive or aggressive environment. Including knowledge of controlling of encapsulant dispensation and flow fronts.
- Knowledge in encapsulants, epoxies and adhesive materials; such as how their formulation affects their bulk, interfacial and adhesive properties and chemistries; especially during storage, dispensing, curing and after curing will have good advantage.
- Proficient in the use of metrologies for surface morphology, surface structure and thin film characterization.
- Knowledge of Statistics Process Control (SPC), PFMEA, DOE and statistical software e.g. JMP
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing and the concept of lean manufacturing.
- Experienced with design document control systems, having worked within an ISO 9001 environment.
- Prior working experience in office, cleanroom laboratory and manufacturing environments.
- Interpersonal skills and abilities to communicate and work in a team environment amongst all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan projects and meet project goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering degree plus equivalent relevant experience
- Post graduate engineering degree (e.g. MSc in Engineering or PhD.)
- Post graduate training in related topics (e.g. encapsulant and adhesive chemistry & etc.)
Only applicants with full, unrestricted and ongoing rights to work in Australia will be considered for this role.