Procurement Engineer (Precision Plastic)
Technical expert for plastics components sourcing, developing, injection/moulding and manufacturing. Be part of the material procurement team, facilitate materials development and production with suppliers, lead material qualification, materials issue resolution and supplier management.
Own Precision moulded Plastic components’ availability, quality and cost. Experienced in high volume manufacturing, good knowledge and demonstrated experience in supplier management, component quality management and cost negotiation. Able to work with and drive Suppliers to get the best results for Memjet, whilst maintain good rapport and teamwork with the Suppliers.
- Lead and manage supplier sourcing, selection and development.
- Accountable for quality, availability and cost of assigned commodities and components
- Establish and manage supplier development related to new product introduction, prototyping, production and associated supplier performance reviews.
- Accountable for the form, fit and function of assigned commodities and components.
- Demonstrate the highest level of Integrity in all external and internal interactions.
- Work with Memjet partners to define specifications to enable efficient manufacture at suppliers while ensuring quality and reliability of the parts.
- SQE Role – Evaluate MRB processes for the disposition of non–conforming or suspected non-conforming materials |Validate supplier control plans for critical parts and assemblies |Validate incoming and in–process inspection and control plans |Drive, evaluate and monitor supplier preventive/corrective actions.
- Liaise with supplier on all quality issues. Initiate and manage quality improvement programs.
- Approve suppliers through vendor quality audit, First Article evaluation or customer authorization.
- Responsible for the setup and transfer of the BOM and configuration management of changes.
- Be the link between development teams and manufacturing teams.
- Drive issues to resolution and interface with design and manufacturing teams for rapid time to resolution.
- Translate product design requirements to component specifications and associated procurement specification for the part. Manage supplier to develop and optimize process to deliver to the requirements
- Some travel to supplier & partner sites, primarily in Asia.
The successful candidate will have experience in plastic supplier management, willing to take on responsibilities in issue resolution.
- Relevant Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in plastic injection/moulding and quality assurance is a Must
- Prior experience in LCP and other precision plastics is an advantage
- Specify part requirements and specification and manage the Supplier to deliver to these requirements.
- Technical proficiency and ability to communicate with technical experts as well as project management is an advantage.
- Experience in Materials engineering with involvement in NPI and design improvements.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Quality Management principles and disciplines plus a practical understanding of statistical sampling plans, analysis and IQC operations.
- The ability to implement change and lead quality initiatives within supply chain, interpret quality data and make sound recommendations for improvements.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, be proactive and professional in manner with a high degree of initiative, leadership, strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and balance multiple concurrent tasks with various deadlines.
- Hands on problem solver, willing to take responsibility and drive improvements
- Ability to speak and write Mandarin a plus.
Applicants should email resumés to HR_SGP@memjet.com.