PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER & CONTENT STRATEGIST
Who We Are
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability to OEM partners across the printing industry.
Memjet has global reach and presence. Our Corporate Office is in San Diego, CA, with offices in Boise ID, Australia, Ireland and Singapore.
Memjet offers a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology with growth potential.
Please see our website for more details on the company, including videos of our technology in action www.memjet.com.
Who are “Memjet people”? They’re people who like to get things done. They’re fast movers, effective and successful. They’re intelligent, engaged and haven’t given in or given up. They do not run from change – they foster it when it’s the right thing for the organization.
You will play a key role within our organization. In order to ensure achievement of performance expectations for role and position, you will be working closely and collaborating with all members of Memjet’s marketing staff as well as cross functional and global Memjet community.
We are seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager and Marketing Content Strategist to join our team in San Diego. This position will report to the Director of Global Marketing Communications.
- Manage all activities associated with current and future product marketing for our printing digital technologies.
- Perform competitive analysis, market research, segment analysis, pricing analysis and make recommendations for the business.
- Research industry topics and translate jargon into written content for a mainstream audience, driving production of assets such as infographics and resource guides.
- Perform in depth market and product research to ensure the company meets the OEM requirements.
- Support multi-function and global team on customer focused product development processes to ensure successful OEM integration and commercialization.
- Drive quarterly and annual marketing strategy and portfolio planning.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives that drive lead and demand generation for our OEM partners.
- Engage with internal and external resources to execute on plans and analyze the ROI of each marketing component so as to optimize future investments.
- Support creation and implementation of a comprehensive marketing content strategy that expands social media presence for the company and its assets, covering Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogging, Pinterest, etc.
- Network with our team of marketeers, engineers and outside industry editors to write high-quality content and to produce researched blogs and articles for our company and clients.
- Recommend content for SEO and Social Media posts in accordance to plans and schedule, plus administer responses to Social Media audience engagement on behalf of the company.
- Ensure up-to-date written content, including monitoring user engagement and suggest overall content optimization.
- Keep current with new digital printing technologies, markets and industry opportunity.
- Recommend content production through research analysis, findings and recommendations; which drive written articles, video, photo galleries, live streams, social media posts and mobile push alerts for all platforms, including desktop, mobile, apps and social
- Serve as additional resource to identify compelling user-generated content of interest to our audience to share.
- Find new and efficient ways to create different types of content (infographics, gifs, slide shows, etc.)
- Attend business meetings, maintain daily communication with business units and cross functional staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in the printing industry.
- 3+ years in product marketing function.
- Journalism, engineering major and/or research experience a major plus.
- Experience as a writer for a publication, marketing firm/team, or content creation company.
- Strong project management and research skills
- Working knowledge and experience with Office as well as project management, spreadsheet, SharePoint and word processing software for MAC and PCs.
- Proven ability to work with sales and against productivity goals and expectations
- Strong strategic, analytical and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated sales and printing industry skills.
- Knowledge of CRM system – NetSuite, Salesforce
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools – Constant Contant, Pardot, Marketo
- Open to learning in an ever-changing digital environment, and to be a collaborator and partner to the team
- Experience in online marketing, particularly B2C email, websites, video and social media
- Experience in all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Ability to seek opportunities to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Ability to accept personal accountability, proactively seek resolution for personal limitations head-on.
- Ability to develop new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes.
- Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes
- Ability to work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to represent the business and marketing staff in a professional and courteous manner to co-workers, prospective and existing customers, industry analysts/editors.
- Willingness to hit deadlines and ensure brand consistency with our communications.
- Ability to work with tight schedules and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.