R&D Materials Engineer
Opportunity for an R&D Materials / Mechanical Engineer
Memjet is a leading innovator of digital inkjet technology, delivering unmatched speed, operational simplicity, and vast commercial potential. Our continued growth and a core commitment to research excellence has created a rare opportunity to join our Sydney based Memjet team. We are seeking either material or mechanical engineer with a genuine passion for practical science coupled with a sound grasp of the basic principles underpinning these disciplines.
With an emphasis on the development and characterization of materials used for print head construction, the role will focus on the selection and testing of adhesives, their surface interactions and the impact of various ejection fluids. The work will be laboratory-based and include a significant component of mechanical testing.
- Plan and undertake experiments to characterize the mechanical and chemical properties of relevant polymers and adhesives.
- Develop new test methods to study the impact of environmental factors on the lifetime of print head materials.
- Develop and execute test protocols, in collaboration with process engineers, to qualify and optimize materials for manufacturing.
- Select, research and develop new materials to lower manufacturing costs and improve print head performance.
- Document and report results.
- Design and implement project plans.
- Monitor and respond to program schedules and ensure timely reporting of results.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- A BSc (higher 2nd or 1st Class Hons) degree, or above, in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering or Material Science.
- Working knowledge of mechanical test methods especially with polymers and adhesives.
- Excellent, practical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a well-developed sense of teamwork.
- Proven experience in setting up and running experiments.
- A methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Skills in data analysis including the use of appropriate software packages.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE UNRESTRICTED RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.