R&D Materials Engineer
Memjet develops lightning-fast printing technology for the diverse and demanding markets of labels, mailing & addressing, office & document, wide format, packaging, 3D and commercial print. The company has grown to become a global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation.
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented R&D Materials Engineer to join our office located in Sydney, Australia.
The main focus of this role will be on the research and development of materials associated with inkjet technology and will also include an analytical component focusing on the interaction of these materials with ink.
- Plan and undertake experiments to test interactions of inks with print head components and printer systems.
- Develop new test methods to study ink/printer/materials interactions.
- Develop and execute test protocols for qualification and optimisation of adhesive and elastomeric materials.
- Document and report results.
- Design and implement project plans.
- Monitor and respond to program schedules and ensure timely reporting of results.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- A BSc (higher 2nd or 1st Class Hons) degree, or above, in Materials Engineering, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent, practical laboratory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a well-developed sense of teamwork.
- Proven experience in setting up and running experiments.
- Practical experience in the development, handling and characterisation of adhesives.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Skills in data analysis including the use of appropriate software packages.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- A working knowledge of either polymer and/or adhesives chemistry.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE UNRESTRICTED RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.