R&D Polymer Chemist (PhD preferred)Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
Memjet is a leading innovator of digital inkjet technology, delivering unmatched speed, operational simplicity and vast commercial potential. Our continued growth and a core commitment to research excellence has created a rare opportunity to join our Sydney based Memjet team. We are seeking an innovative, motivated polymer chemist with a genuine passion for practical science coupled with a sound grasp of the basic principles underpinning chemistry and materials disciplines. This role will contribute directly to the development of our next generation of digital inkjet products.
Main focus will be on:
- The research, development and analysis of digital inkjet inks and materials for various applications.
Specific tasks will include:
- Planning and execution of experiments to improve the performance of ink formulations.
- Planning and execution of experiments to characterise polymers and adhesives.
- Development of new test methods to study fluid/material interactions and polymer and adhesives properties.
- Documentation and presentation of results.
- Monitoring time lines to ensure key milestones are met.
Experience & Skill:
- Excellent practical laboratory skills with the ability to set up and run experiments.
- Experience in the design of experiments with a focus on practical problem solving.
- Operation of scientific equipment and instrumentation.
- Exceptional data analysis skills.
- Expertise in the characterisation of polymers.
- >4 years of R&D experience in industry preferred.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS office.
- Understanding of WHS requirements in a laboratory environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- BSc or higher degree in Polymer Chemistry or allied fields. PhD preferred.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.