Regulatory Affairs Project Manager
Who We Are
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability to OEM partners across the printing industry.
Memjet has global reach and presence. Our Corporate Office is in San Diego, CA, with offices in Boise ID, Australia, Ireland and Singapore.
Memjet offers a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology with growth potential.
Please see our website for more details on the company, including videos of our technology in action www.memjet.com.
Who are “Memjet people”? They’re people who like to get things done. They’re fast movers, effective and successful. They’re intelligent, engaged and haven’t given in or given up. They do not run from change – they foster it when it’s the right thing for the organization.
The Regulatory Affairs Project Manager will support Memjet’s commercialized and developmental inks and fluids. This person will work with Memjet chemists and customer facing teams to address customer inquiries and regulatory compliance requirements of Memjet inks in Memjet technology-based printing systems. This will require coordinating testing and characterization of ink and media performance, providing guidance on optimization of formulations, and registration of discreet substances across a worldwide regulatory landscape. You will also research and manage new business opportunities and advise management on developments in regulatory requirements, often in an ambiguous set of worldwide requirements.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Regulatory Affairs professional to join our team in San Diego. This position will report to the VP, Ink & Materials.
- Learn and understand regulatory requirements for markets of interest, with an eye to provide guidance to development teams and customers on their obligations to operate in the respective disciplines. (food packaging as a possible example)
- Interact with Memjet ink suppliers, as appropriate, as part of ink improvement initiatives.
- Interact with Memjet go-to-market teams and senior management on emerging changes in regulatory compliance that might impact Memjet or its customer base.
- Work closely with R&D, as well as printer and writing systems groups, to deliver to customer valued, complete solutions.
- Travel as deemed necessary to work with suppliers and other Memjet global teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or related disciplines.
- 2+ years’ experience managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work & effectively interact with team members from other disciplines, projects, organizations, cultures & companies.
- Skilled in analytical decision-making, troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Solid planning, organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional disciplines, to senior management, and to customers.
- Resourceful, creative and flexible.
- High degree of commitment, passion, initiative, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Master’s or PhD in chemistry, biology, or toxicology, industrial hygienist experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in inkjet ink.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for chemicals, including detailed knowledge of GHS requirements and indirect food contact legislation pertaining to printing inks.
- Experience with inkjet ink characterization tests including PQ and printing system and reliability tests.
- Experience with media, printing coatings or primers.
- Experience working with suppliers or consultants.
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.