This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology company with growth potential.
Who We Are
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability to OEM partners across the printing industry.
Memjet has global reach and presence. Our Corporate Office is in San Diego, CA, with offices in Boise ID, Australia, Ireland and Singapore.
Who are “Memjet people”? They’re people who like to get things done. They’re fast movers, effective and successful. They’re intelligent, engaged and haven’t given in or given up. They do not run from change – they foster it when it’s the right thing for the organization.
We are looking for a talented project manager with experience and a passion for print. The ideal candidate understands thermal inkjet inks, media, and primers for commercial and industrial printing.
Senior Ink and Materials Project Manager – Inks, Primers, and Media
The Memjet Ink and Materials Project Manager will support Memjet’s commercialized inks. This person will work with Memjet engineers and customer facing teams to address customer inquiries regarding the performance of Memjet inks and primers, as well as third-party primers in Memjet technology-based printing systems. This will require testing and characterization of ink performance, optimization of formulations, and qualification of solutions. This person will also manage external relationships, as necessary to develop and commercialize winning solutions for Memjet customers.
- Plan and perform experiments to improve primer formulations to address media performance and cost/quality/supply issues
- Interact with Memjet suppliers, as appropriate, as part of ink improvement initiatives and to complete scale-up and qualification efforts
- Initiate and manage relationships with external development partners
- Manage internal budget, schedules and stakeholders
- Technical experiment design and hands on work implementing newly engineered solutions
- Respond to emerging sales opportunities that require innovative approaches
- Build collaborative teams to quickly prosecute new business opportunities and the technical challenges requiring complex solutions
- Develop an understanding of industry solutions for prospective customer performance needs. Enable sales by proactively developing system solutions. Work closely with R&D, as well as printer and writing systems groups, to deliver to customer valued, complete solutions
- Travel as deemed necessary to work with suppliers and other Memjet global teams
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 or more years’ experience in inkjet ink development
- Experience with inkjet ink characterization tests including PQ and printing system and reliability tests
- Specialized knowledge in pigmented inks, interfacial/colloidal science and/or polymer chemistry;
- Ability to work & effectively interact with team members from other disciplines, projects, organizations, cultures & companies;
- Skilled in analytical decision-making, troubleshooting and problem-solving;
- Understanding of reactive and proactive approaches to chemical and print application-specific regulatory concerns;
- Proficiency in practical experiment design and knowledge of applied statistics
- Solid planning, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional disciplines, to senior management, and to customers
- Resourceful, creative and flexible
- High degree of commitment, passion and initiative
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Highly Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD or equivalent degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for chemicals, including detailed knowledge of GHS classification and indirect food contact legislation pertaining to printing inks
- Media development/characterization
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience as a team supervisor and/or manager
- Experience working with suppliers and/or technology partners