Memjet US Services, Inc. has a need for a full time Software Engineer. This position will have ongoing responsibility for development of software for Memjet print systems and components. It will be focused on supporting customer applications and product development, improving the robustness and stability of existing software, and new feature development. Key objectives are to improve and support print system software. The software sets are a combination applications and plug ins consisting of embedded code FW, FPGA images, plug in components, and complied programs running under Linux and Windows operating systems. The engineer will be responsible for the periodic release of Data and control systems that are provided to customers as compiled modular code. The released components will be applied to a variety of customer applications rapidly and will give Memjet customers flexibility and competitive advantage in using Memjet technology in their products.
- Lead current products engineering software efforts for specific products to modify and support existing code and develop new code for Memjet print systems and components.
- Provide support to the Applications Engineers of Memjet US Services to support their Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) issues. Includes defect triage and resolution.
- Implement software improvements and requests based on OEM feedback to improve product offering and allow more custom OEM applications.
- Perform periodic merges, builds, and releases of software for common OEM improvements.
- Work collaboratively with the Memjet architecture teams to assure software solutions, processes, and tools work well with the print engine firmware solutions, processes, and tools.
- Assist in the development of processes and tools for managing Software including processes and tools for controlling software revisions, processes for sharing code between development parties, and sharing code with customer OEMs.
- Support the documentation and training of Software Development Kits (SDK) for OEM partners.
- Support setting up tools for customers allowing their full use of software assets developed my Memjet.
- 3-8 years’ experience developing software/firmware applications
- BS (MS preferred) in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Software coding in C, C++, C# (typically in MS Visual Studio)
- Embedded Firmware development in C, Tcl a plus
- Experience with inkjet printing, print data path a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, XML
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with project management techniques
- Strong organization and planning abilities
- Focused commitment to task
- Good tolerance of ambiguity
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.