Memjet US Services, Inc. has a need for a full time Software / Firmware Engineer with an appreciation of complex electromechanical systems. Strong C++ skills are a must of a successful candidate. Memjet software consists of embedded code, FPGA images, plug in components, and compiled programs used to enable a printing system. The position has ongoing responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of code for Memjet printing systems and components, including supporting the integration of Memjet technology into customer products. Additional objectives include troubleshooting customer issues and new feature development. The engineer will be responsible for the periodic release of data path and control system software. Rapidly released components may be applied to a variety of customer applications to give Memjet customers flexibility and a competitive advantage in using Memjet technology in their products.
- Provide support to the Application Engineers of Memjet US Services to support their Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) issues. This effort includes defect triage, root cause analysis, and resolution.
- Implement software improvements and OEM feature requests to improve product offering and enable more custom OEM applications.
- Ensure consistently high quality of all code changes to improve the overall robustness of the product.
- Work collaboratively with the Memjet architecture teams to assure software solutions, processes, and tools work well with the print engine firmware solutions, processes, and tools.
- Assist in the development of processes and tools for managing software including processes and tools for controlling software revisions, processes for sharing code between development parties, and sharing code with customer OEMs.
- Support the documentation and training of Software Development Kits (SDK) for OEM partners.
- Support setting up tools for customers allowing their full use of software assets developed by Memjet.
- 3-8 years’ experience developing software/firmware applications
- BS (MS preferred) in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Software development in C, C++, C# under Windows and Linux
- Embedded Firmware development in C, C++
- Experience with mechatronics
- Experience with big data and machine learning a plus
- Experience with inkjet printing, print data path a plus
- Knowledge of TCL, Python, Java Script, HTML, and XSD/XML a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with project management techniques
- Strong organization and planning abilities for controlled multi-tasking
- Focused commitment to task
- Strong initiative and good skills in eliciting requirements and agreeing achievable deadlines where these are incomplete or unclear
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.