Memjet has a need for a full time Software/Firmware Engineer based in San Diego to work closely with our OEMs to support their effort in developing Memjet based products. The candidate would need to have an appreciation of complex electromechanical systems with strong programing and communication skills. Memjet software consists of embedded code, FPGA images, plug in components, and compiled programs used to enable a printing system. The candidate will be responsible to represent the software architecture of Memjet technology to OEMs and support their design effort. The position has ongoing responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of code for Memjet printing systems and components, including supporting the integration of Memjet technology into customer products. This position will require frequent travels internationally.
- Provide training to Memjet’s OEMs (Original Equipment manufacturers) regarding software architecture.
- Provide support to the Application Engineers of Memjet to support OEM issues. This effort includes defect triage, root cause analysis, and resolution.
- Work collaboratively with the Memjet architecture teams to assure software solutions, processes, and tools work well with the print engine firmware solutions, processes, and tools.
- Support the documentation and training of Software Development Kits (SDK) for OEM partners.
- Support setting up tools for customers allowing their full use of software assets developed by Memjet.
- Implement software improvements and OEM feature requests to improve product offering and enable more custom OEM applications.
- Assist in the development of processes and tools for managing software including processes and tools for controlling software revisions, processes for sharing code between development parties, and sharing code with customer OEMs.
- Ensure consistently high quality of all code changes to improve the overall robustness of the product.
- 3-8 years’ experience developing software/firmware applications
- BS (MS preferred) in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Software development in C, C++, C# under Windows and Linux
- Embedded Firmware development in C, C++
- Experience with mechatronics
- Experience with inkjet printing, print data path a plus
- Knowledge of TCL, Python, Java Script, HTML, and XSD/XML a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with project management techniques
- Strong organization and planning abilities for controlled multi-tasking
- Focused commitment to task
- Strong initiative and good skills in eliciting requirements and agreeing achievable deadlines where these are incomplete or unclear
- Ability to work with minimal supervision