Software Project Manager
Exciting Software Project Management opportunity for experienced Project Manager/SW Engineer seeking career progression
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has main offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Software Project Manager to manage the development of software for printing products. The software typically ranges from the real-time control of controller chips, motors, other actuators, and sensors through to the sequencing of printing and printhead maintenance algorithms, high-speed printing data management, host drivers, and user interfaces.
The role would suit an experienced software engineer with limited-to-extensive project management/team leadership experience who is keen to progress to a software project manager role, and potentially a software development manager role in the future. Memjet is looking for a candidate with a strong software engineering background so they can thoroughly understand the best practice software process, together with the tasks and challenges required to implement a given set of requirements/user stories.
- Manage one or more software project teams and occasionally other projects
- Create and maintain a Project Management Plan to define key project parameters
- Use Agile and other methodologies to manage a project through the complete software development life cycle
- Provide effective leadership to the project team
- Be accountable for delivery of the project
- Line manage 4-8 direct reports
Essential experience, skills, and attributes:
- A comprehensive understanding of software development techniques and practices
- At least 5 years of solid software engineering experience in a high-tech R&D environment
- Experience across the full software development life cycle, including design, implementation, deployment, support, and maintenance
- A good understanding of software revision control concepts and practices
- At least 2 years’ experience managing small software projects – ideally with Agile methodology
- Ability to work with other engineering and scientific disciplines, marketing, manufacturing, finance and other key company functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and abilities to work in a team environment, and to work with external customers and vendors
- Australian citizenship/residency
- Willing and able to travel internationally from time-to-time
Well regarded experience, skills, and attributes:
- Experience with embedded systems
- An understanding of manufacturing operations and product support
- Project Management Professional (PMP), ScrumMaster, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner certifications
- Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
Applicants should email resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.