Who We Are
Driven by a passion for invention and a desire to change an industry, Memjet has grown to become the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable simplicity, speed and profitability to OEM partners across the printing industry.
Memjet has global reach and presence. Our Corporate Office is in San Diego, CA, with offices in Boise ID, Australia, Ireland and Singapore.
Memjet offers a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global technology with growth potential.
Please see our website for more details on the company, including videos of our technology in action www.memjet.com.
Who are “Memjet people”? They’re people who like to get things done. They’re fast movers, effective and successful. They’re intelligent, engaged and haven’t given in or given up. They do not run from change – they foster it when it’s the right thing for the organization.
You will play a key role within our organization. In order to ensure achievement of performance expectations for role and position, you will be working closely and collaborating with all members of Memjet’s staff and global community.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented, San Diego based Solutions Engineer to work on key released and emerging products, which utilize our high-speed printheads via Memjet controller chips and software. We are looking for a talented engineer who preferably has previous experience working in the print industry and who understands printing workflows.
This position provides extensive opportunity to travel worldwide (up to 50%).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Own planning, task management, and action item tracking of support for OEM product development cycle from initialization to release
- Train OEM engineers on Memjet’s unique waterfall technology and integration process of the Memjet components
- Assist OEM engineering teams in developing digital inkjet print engines and integration of that to their value add-on features for unique printing systems
- Provide technical support to OEMs:
- Determine root cause and fix for escalations from OEM engineering team
- Collaborate, as needed, with engineering teams located in Dublin, San Diego, and Sydney
- Interface between the customer and Memjet’s design teams to provide in-depth support when needed
- Prioritize and manage Memjet engineering support for OEM
- Frequent international travel is required
ARE YOU THIS PERSON?
- Excited by technical problems
- Has a broad range of engineering experience across multiple disciplines e.g. (Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Fluid Dynamics, Networking)
- Experience in a printing or press environment is a definite plus
- Provides excellent customer service
- Work well within a team
- Can manage time effectively
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Able to work effectively with a global team
- Communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Dedicated to customer service and work well with OEM engineers that have a diverse range of skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher):
- In engineering with a broad understanding of HW control systems and SW interfacing or,
- In software engineering with strong control algorithms skills for complicated mechatronic products
- 5+ years of experience in highly integrated mechatronic products
- Familiar with Linux with Networking experience
- Strong systems/solution engineering capability with in-depth understanding of the integration of mechanical, electrical, and software systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists
- Experience in digital printing; data pipeline management is preferred
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Local candidates only