Memjet has a need for a full time Systems Engineer responsible for product launch, manufacturing, sustaining engineering, and market launch of a print technology platform. Memjet develops print engines and printing technology for commercial, wide format, labels, and desktop printing markets. This position will have ongoing responsibility for meeting system level performance for print engine and printing components designed for our OEM customers. This is a technical leadership role to identify, lead and verify the resolution of defects in Memjet engine and component product designs in manufacturing, working with the design teams to assure the system requirements are met and performance issues are resolved assuring that print engines and components meet customer needs.
- Determine root cause and propose solution path(s) for field issues related to Memjet printing technology.
- Work with other Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations functions to develop solutions for such field issues.
- Work with Marketing and Business development on the definition of product requirements and evaluation of market needs for industrial printing.
- Work with development engineering team on the product architecture for future printing technology
- Develop and execute Design Validation and Test Plans.
- Qualify and manage any product changes (including factory-initiated).
- Work on new features and continuous improvement of released products.
- Provide input to improve the reliability and usability of future products.
- 5+ years of experience in highly integrated mechatronic products.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis:
- Experience with Design of Experiments and Data Analysis Tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop recommended solutions based on root cause assessment.
- Development and execution of Design Validation and Test Plans.
- Strong systems engineering capability with in-depth understanding of the integration of Mechanical, Electrical and Software subsystems.
- BS (MS preferred) degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Prior experience with digital printing systems and/or image processing.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Goal setting – ability to define one’s own objectives and execute to them.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated competence in problem solving.
Applicants should email resumés to email@example.com.