Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
Memjet has grown to become a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation. As a worldwide provider of digital inkjet technologies, Memjet has offices in San Diego, Dublin, Sydney, and Singapore. We enable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to achieve fast, high-resolution digital printing by integrating our technology within their existing systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Test & Lab Support Engineer to join our team. This hands-on role will suit an engineer with demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and debugging electronics and software.
- Provide “Engineering Services Support” to the Development and Test Lab, supporting the various product investigation, design, test and verification activities within the lab.
- Maintain (service, repair) a wide variety of bespoke equipment, test jig and other infrastructure used in the test and development lab.
- Design test jig and custom machine as needed, to assist with the development, verification and validation of Memjet’s product.
- Using a range of skills/experience across software/mechanical/electronic
- Liaise with other team as needed to ensure delivery of the solution in a timely manner.
- Assist the design engineering team to investigate, modify, improve, install, integrate, assemble and test equipment, or any design related activities.
- Perform other duties as may be directed by management.
Essential Experience & Skill:
- 5 years minimum working experience across a range of mechanical, electronics and software systems in a laboratory, test environment and/or high-volume manufacturing company.
- Expertise in performing electronics debugging without the use of detailed documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagram.
- Able to use Oscilloscope, Multi-meter and other electronics tools.
- Skills in wiring, soldering and component replacement is highly desirable.
- Software debugging, programming and scripting abilities – sufficient to implement and/or debug basic hardware and test platforms.
- Experience with Windows, Linux operating system, networking and Python and Arduino based software, would be an advantage.
- Proficient in designing test jigs (E.g. using Solidworks to design and/or review solid models) and performing mechanical assembly tasks.
- Attention to detail; self-driven; pro-active, keen and able to adapt to new technology and challenges.
- Experience in documentation using Microsoft office tools (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of safety protocols.
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment and independently.
- Engineering or science related degree
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH FULL, UNRESTRICTED AND ONGOING RIGHTS TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.