LAST UPDATED: December 18, 2019
Memjet Limited and Memjet Technology Limited, their parent Memjet Holdings Limited, and Memjet Holdings Limited’s direct and indirect subsidiaries (together “Memjet”, “we” or “us”) respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact detail provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
1. OUR BUSINESS
We are in the business of developing and commercializing certain patented printing technologies, which enable affordable high-speed color printing products within a range of print markets. We have a group of companies all around the world.
For more information about us, please see the “About Us” section of our website at https://www.memjet.com.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information that you provide voluntarily
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily. The types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, include:
If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, then the personal information we will ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we collect your personal information.
2. Information that we obtain from third party sources
Occasionally, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (such as banks, credit card companies or commercial database and analytics providers), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include trade reference information or payment history information, as an example, and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, discuss payment terms with you, process your orders, or provide product or services you purchased or requested.
3. Other Information from your interactions with us
We gather certain information automatically when you open our emails or visit our website. This information includes information like your IP addresses, geolocation information, internet or other electronic network activity information, like the date/time of your activity. We use this information for legitimate business purposes related to maintaining and improving our website and services.
For all three categories of information described above, we do not sell personal information or otherwise make data available to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration.
3. THIRD PARTIES WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area or the state of California, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact detail provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
5. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States, Europe and Australia, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the European Economic Area in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request.
6. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide you with a product or service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights:
- Data subject access request – If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact detail provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. This includes those rights available to California residents through a verifiable request under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact detail provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to change your email preferences and unsubscribe from email communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “Change Email Preferences” link located at the bottom of emails you receive from us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, or wish to exercise your rights under sections 7(1), 7(2) or 7(4), please contact us using one of the following methods:
The data controllers of your personal information are:
Memjet Technology Limited
61/62 Fitzwilliam Lane
Dublin 2, Ireland
61/62 Fitzwilliam Lane
Dublin 2, Ireland
Memjet US Services Inc.
10918 Technology Place
San Diego, CA 92127 USA
Memjet North Ryde Pty Ltd
6-8 Lyon Park Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Memjet Singapore Pte Ltd
29 International Business Park #02-03